As a fast-growing company of over three hundred people, we are looking for someone to join our Client Data function to help drive processes around data entry and verification to support the broader Client Operations team in London.
The Client Operations team is currently going through a period of transition to ensure our processes are scalable and efficient to support future growth. While the responsibilities listed below will be fundamental and core to the role, there may be occasions where other Operational functions require support through this period of transition and restructure.
The candidate will be an integral member of the Client Operations team, with broad scope for progression into multiple specialist functions within the Client Operations team.
Position Responsibilities and Attributes
- Monitoring of bulk data entry and verification. Gatekeeper of back-office data warehouse and quality control
- Liaising with external vendors and administrators to source underlying manager data
- Performing analysis and inputting of more complex data sets, such as corporate actions, equalisations, series roll-ups, performance streams, and monthly fund NAV data
- Assisting other teams with any data queries, adhering to the firm’s data governance policy
- Working alongside the process managers to automate a large number of the manual data retrieval processes currently executed by the Client Data team
- Liaising with the Data Management Team, ensuring all data is validated across multiple platforms
- Working alongside the Client Operations and Reporting Teams to ensure the data is entered and correct across multiple platforms
- Assisting in the implementation of strategic projects to ensure the data collection process is as efficient as possible
- Proactively reviewing current Client Data Team processes and procedures to help identify areas of improvement and system enhancements
- Opportunity to be involved in projects which are being led by our dedicated Transformation Office
- Developing strong relationship with internal teams to better understand key processes across the company
If you believe you have some (or all) of these attributes and are looking to fulfil your potential in an engaging role with an excellent long-term career progression in a growing firm, we encourage you to apply.
- Undergraduate degree
- Numerically-minded, Maths A-Level preferred but not essential
- Prior work or internship experience – Investment operations experience or internships preferred, but not required
- High level of attention to detail and very comfortable working with numbers
- Ability to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment
- Articulate self-starter with analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and senior members of the wider team
- Have a high degree of integrity and professionalism and be a collaborative “team player”
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary is competitive and includes performance bonus as well as a company bonus. You can also expect:
- Time off for volunteering and charitable giving
- Life insurance, income protection insurance, company pension contribution, flu vouchers and health insurance cover.
- Hybrid working, minimum three days a week in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and secure workplace bike parking
- Coffee, tea, fruit, snacks and breakfast cereals
- Team lunches and social activities including summer and Christmas events
- The opportunity to invest in the company’s investment vehicles
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Client Data Associate” Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com