As a fast-growing company of over three hundred people, we are looking for someone to join our Client Onboarding function in the Client Operations team in London to assist in all activities relating to onboarding new client accounts, as well as providing support to investors making direct investments into our pooled vehicle fund offerings.
The right candidate will play a key role in maintaining Partners Capital’s high standards and ensuring that the client’s experience is always positive. The role has a broad remit and involves working with a wide range of teams within the organisation, including Legal and Compliance, Business Development team and senior members of the investment teams across London, Singapore, Hong Kong and Paris. Over time the candidate will be expected to have a good understanding of different investing entity structures and the documentation associated with each, a good level of regulatory knowledge and familiarity with Partners Capital and our third party processes.
The candidate will be an integral member of the Client Operations team, with broad scope for progression into multiple specialist functions within the Client Operations team.
Position Responsibilities and Attributes
- Work with other members of the Client Operations team and the Compliance team onboarding new client accounts. Tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- Preparation of the Partners Capital management agreement and associated account opening documentation
- Reviewing different client account structures and reviewing Know Your Client (KYC) documentation
- Ensuring Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime requirements regulations are adhered to
- Performing key controls such as PEP and Sanctions screening, vetting the positive and false positive alerts and recording the information in the relevant system for on-going monitoring.
- Internal account set up and logging of client information
- Client third party account set-up (e.g., custodian, brokerage)
- Partners Capital client portal account set-up
- Maintaining and logging all client documentation – electronic and physical copies
- Facilitate account restructurings and ensuring all necessary documentation is in place.
- Assist with the population and development of internal client information databases and Tax Reporting (CRS/FATCA/DAC6).
- Monitor KYC documentation and communicate when documentation refreshes are required. This involves working closely with and providing guidance to the wider client services team.
- Ensure that regulatory and compliance rules are adhered to, especially around KYC and AML.
- Work with the manager responsible for account onboardings with the implementation of initiatives to increase operational efficiency. This may include setting up accounts with new third-party providers or amending the operational set-up.
The right candidate should be hardworking and comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a wide range of teams and individuals. The business offers bespoke solutions to a wide-ranging group of clients, hence attention to detail is a crucial skillset. They must be comfortable interacting with a multitude of third parties with whom we liaise in relation to the management of our client’s portfolios and prioritising and completing multiple tasks in order to meet various deadlines. The successful applicant should be ready for wide-ranging responsibilities in a number of areas and will be expected to remain flexible and willing to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
If you believe you have some (or all) of these attributes and are looking to fulfil your potential in an engaging role with an excellent long-term career progression in a growing firm, we encourage you to apply.
- Interest in Anti Money Laundering, Financial Crime and financial regulation
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel / Outlook
- Comfortable working with detailed documentation
- Articulate self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Flexible, entrepreneurial approach and an appetite for challenge
- Highly organised and able to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Have a high degree of integrity and professionalism, be a collaborative “team player”, have empathy towards colleagues and clients
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary is competitive and includes performance bonus as well as a company bonus. You can also expect:
- Time off for volunteering and charitable giving
- Life insurance, income protection insurance, company pension contribution, flu vouchers and health insurance cover.
- Hybrid working, minimum three days a week in the office
- Cycle to work scheme and secure workplace bike parking
- Coffee, tea, fruit, snacks and breakfast cereals
- Team lunches and social activities including summer and Christmas events
- The opportunity to invest in the company’s investment vehicles
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject Client Onboarding Associate. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com