Client Onboarding & Investor Support Associate
Due to continued growth, we are hiring a Client Onboarding & Investor Support Associate to join the team in London. We are looking for someone to assist in all activities relating to onboarding new client accounts, as well as providing support to investors making direct investments into our pooled vehicle fund offerings. The right candidate will play a key role in maintaining Partners Capital’s high standards and ensuring that the client’s experience is always positive. The role has a broad remit and involves working with a wide range of teams within the organisation, including the client services team, legal and compliance, and senior members of the investment teams across London, Singapore, Hong Kong and Paris. Over time the candidate will be expected to have a good understanding of different investing entity structures and the documentation associated with each, a good level of regulatory knowledge and familiarity with Partners Capital processes.
- Work with other members of the client services team and the compliance team onboarding new client accounts. Tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- Preparation of the Partners Capital management agreement and associated account opening documentation
- Reviewing different client account structures and reviewing Know Your Client (KYC) documentation
- Ensuring Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial Crime requirements regulations are adhered to
- Performing key controls such as PEP and Sanctions screening, vetting the positive and false positive alerts and recording the information in the relevant system for on-going monitoring.
- Internal account set up and logging of client information
- Third party account set-up (e.g., custodian, brokerage)
- Maintaining and logging all documentation - electronic and physical copies
- Oversee the relationship between investors in our pooled vehicle funds, and the funds’ administrators. Tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- Ensuring that investor queries are being responded to appropriately by the fund administrator, which will involve monitoring of a central inbox and providing support where required
- Provide guidance regarding the KYC, AML and regulatory requirements that the fund has to adhere to, and be able to opine on AML submissions by investors should any difficulties between the administrator and the investor arise
- Sourcing answers to queries that fall outside of the scope of the fund administrator (e.g. complex KYC queries, operational procedures, portfolio management)
- Communicating updates regarding investor activity both internally and externally
- Internal account set up and logging of investor information
- Work with the manager responsible for account onboardings on the implementation of initiatives to increase operational efficiency. This may include setting up accounts with new third-party providers or amending the operational set-up.
- Facilitate account restructurings and ensuring all necessary documentation is in place.
- Assist with the population and development of internal client information databases and Tax Reporting (CRS/FATCA/DAC6).
- Monitor KYC documentation and when documentation refreshes are required. This involves working closely with and providing guidance to the wider client services team.
- Ensure that regulatory and compliance rules are adhered to, especially around KYC and AML.
The right candidate should be hardworking and comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a wide range of teams and individuals. The business offers bespoke solutions to a wide-ranging group of clients, hence attention to detail is a crucial skillset. They must be comfortable interacting with a multitude of third parties with whom we liaise in relation to the management of our client’s portfolios and prioritising and completing multiple tasks in order to meet various deadlines. The successful applicant should be ready for wide-ranging responsibilities in a number of areas and will be expected to remain flexible and willing to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have 1 to 3 years’ experience working in the on-boarding team of a private bank, wealth manager or asset manager, and already have some understanding of complex account structures (trusts and investment companies) and concepts such as ‘source of wealth’ and ‘enhanced due diligence’. They would have good quantitative skills and an active interest in the investment world, as well as a desire to pursue a career within financial operations. A flexible entrepreneurial approach, an appetite for challenge and a good “team player” are essential qualities.
- Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering, Financial Crime and JMLSG regulations and standards
- Knowledge and experience of using both local and international corporate registration bodies and Worldcheck
- An articulate self-starter with excellent organisation and communication skills
- An ability to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure
- An interest in compliance and financial regulation
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Possess a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- A strong academic background through to degree level, with minimum B grades at A Level and 2.1 at degree level (or equivalent)
- Additional languages useful, in particular French
- Comfortable working with detailed documentation
- A collaborative team player who demonstrates ownership for their work and is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business
- We encourage employees to study for a suitable regulatory / financial qualification, for which support is provided
- Must be comfortable working with numbers – a minimum of A grade GCSE Maths
- Must be comfortable receiving and providing feedback
Remuneration & Professional Development
The salary is competitive and includes a bonus. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning opportunities as well as support for the pursuit of formal qualifications such as the Investment Manager Certificate (IMC) as appropriate to each individual member of staff.
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org