We are looking for someone to join our centralised execution function within the broader Client Operations team. The key responsibilities will be to help review and send fund investment execution instructions for a range of clients and help build our operational processes and procedures. The candidate should be hardworking and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. They must be able to problem solve; interact with colleagues and third parties, prioritise and complete multiple tasks whilst meeting daily deadlines.
The successful candidate will be an integral member of the global Client Operations team and will report directly to the co-Heads of Client Operations for Europe and Asia. The role is not client facing, as all client relationships are managed by the Investment Principals and Partners, however strong communication skills are required for frequent interactions with a multitude of third parties with whom we liaise such as fund administrators, fund managers, custodians, banks and brokers.
The company has a ‘small business’, entrepreneurial atmosphere and attitude, and as such the successful applicant should appreciate an environment with wide-ranging responsibilities in multiple areas where flexibility and a willingness to do whatever it takes is paramount to contributing to the Firm’s continued success. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the team and a ‘go-to’ person for junior team members; they will be prepared to ‘roll their sleeves up’ and take on a breadth of execution responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Ensuring client investments are implemented in a timely and accurate manner across all asset classes. This includes reviewing and sending execution instructions for:
o Private placement and hedge funds (with specific attention paid to the terms of the funds they incl. fee classes, minimums, fund notice periods, gates, lock up periods)
o Processing cash payments for clients and capital call payments for private placement funds.
o UCITs and Mutual fund orders
o ETF funds and equity trades (being aware of specific tax and regional restrictions as well as resolving settlement issues)
o Foreign Exchange (spot and forwards for portfolio hedging purposes)
o Direct fixed income
• Owning and building the day-to-day relationship with external third-party custodians and brokers. Ensuring we receive best execution. Monitoring and assessing service levels, ensuring investments are correctly transacted and settled in an accurate and timely manner.
• Working with the Transformation Office on operational-related strategic and tactical projects. Assessing internal controls and recommending improvements to strengthen our operational risk environment, increasing efficiencies, improving the scalability of the operational model and avoiding errors.
• Evaluate team performance through the use of the data available to identify, track and measure improvement initiatives. Obtain feedback from other members of the Client operations team to continually improve the execution function.
• Working closely with our Compliance team, monitoring adherence to all policies and procedures to ensure that the company remains compliant with all regulatory requirements, and that we fulfil our fiduciary requirements to our clients.
• Coaching and mentoring junior staff. Holding regular one-on-one meetings with assigned team members as well as engaging in our annual Performance Development process. Providing team updates to the heads of client operations where necessary.
The task list above may change over time and the candidate may be required to work on tactical and strategic initiatives with direction from senior management once they are more established in their role.
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills and have an active interest in investment and capital markets. A flexible, entrepreneurial approach and an appetite for challenge are essential qualities.
Candidates will ideally:
• Have experience of working in a similar role within Financial Services, such as a private bank, middle office or settlement agency.
• Have a good understanding of the product types across the major investment asset classes.
• Have experience of completing tax documentation for clients, including IRS forms and CRS self-certifications is preferred, but not essential.
• Have a good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel / Outlook.
• Have experience using Bloomberg AIM or other OMS.
• Be familiar with the relevant market regulations and reporting requirements, such as, MIFID II and EMIR.
• Demonstrate excellent judgment and ability to analyse issues quickly and independently to take appropriate action with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate an ability to evaluate and interpret numerical data in order to spot potential errors in complex trade execution plans.
• Be an articulate self-starter with strong analytical and organisational skills.
• Be able to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure.
• Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment.
• Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be very comfortable working with numbers.
• Have a high degree of integrity and professionalism and be a collaborative “team player”.
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused on both wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities and a flexible working model. The salary is competitive and includes a performance bonus as well as a company bonus. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning opportunities as well as support for the pursuit of formal qualifications such as the IMC or the CAIA / IAD, as appropriate to each individual. Our benefits package includes employee matching pension, long-term disability insurance and life insurance. The firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity programme and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Client Service Execution Specialist”. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com.