Client Service Senior Associate
The candidate will work directly with and may oversee one or more junior team members in coordinating the portfolio
operations for a range of clients, serve as a primary operations point of contact to the Investment Principals and
Partners who manage client relationships, and help build our operational processes and procedures.
The candidate will be an integral member of the global Operations team and will report directly to a Boston-based
Principal in the Client Services department. The candidate should be hardworking and must be able to interact with
colleagues and third parties, prioritizing and completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines. The candidate should
have oversight experience in a similar capacity and must be willing to dive-in to support the team on a daily basis.
This role is expected to be client facing with both internal and external stakeholders, and thus a strong candidate
will be comfortable interacting with clients and counterparties in a professional manner.
The company has a ‘small business’ atmosphere and attitude. The successful applicant should be ready for wide-ranging responsibilities in multiple areas and will be expected to be flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Oversight and Team Development (15%):
- Management – Manage and develop junior team members who will support the candidate in their range of
responsibilities on client relationships.
- Mentoring – Coach and mentor junior team members and hold regular one-on-one meetings. Draft and deliver
mid-year and end of year performance reviews and skill plans for all assigned mentees.
- Ad-hoc Request Management – Act as a primary escalation point for client teams on complex operational
inquiries and day-to-day responsibilities. Develop a deep understanding of processes and middle and back
office portfolio management systems.
Client Service Management (70%):
- Client Management – Drive operations and client service support for several Institutional and Individual clients.
Ensure all portfolio actions are executed in a timely and accurate manner (e.g. performance reports, trade
- Performance Reporting and Execution – Review monthly “flash” reports and quarterly performance
statements, prepare/ensure accuracy of private placement investment documentation, and coordinate
execution of approved client brokerage transactions (e.g. ETFs and mutual funds, capital calls, wires).
- Client Communication – Manage communication with clients and counterparties on operational inquiries.
Investigate and work with internal teams to drive solutions and make recommendations where appropriate, and
effectively communicate responses to all impacted stakeholders.
- Client Team Primary Contact – Act as a primary operations point of contact to the Investment Team and other
internal stakeholders on client relationships.
Projects and Strategic Initiatives (15%):
- Process Reviews – Review and assess current team processes and recommend/implement changes that
pertain to the Client Service Team.
- Project Management – Assist management team with strategic and tactical client service process improvement initiatives and system development projects.
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. The candidate must possess an outstanding track record of accomplishments and strong interpersonal, communication, and client service skills.
- Prior experience (4-5+ years) working within financial services industry. Investment operations experience is
- Undergraduate degree in a related field. Strong GPA and SAT scores.
- Prior management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
- Articulate self-starter with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily workloads while working efficiently and accurately.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business.
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback from/to direct manager and Partners.
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a deferred compensation program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is diverse and inclusive, in people and in thought. Our meritocracy is enabled by fostering a truly inclusive and collaborative culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experiences are valued.