The role will be based in Paris at Partners Capital Europe SAS. Flexible working arrangements available.
The successful applicant will work with the Global Head of Compliance and the UK Compliance team (all based in the UK). The role will be responsible for managing a broad range of compliance matters across all areas of the firm and will contribute to the efficient running of the compliance function in our Paris office. A significant part of the role will be to undertake the permanent control activity in line with the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
Duties will include:
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on regulatory and compliance issues as required (such as AIFMD, MiFID II, Suitability, Financial Promotions,, Market Abuse, Product Governance, SFDR etc).
- Provide review and sign-off marketing materials and provide advisory support on compliance matters relating to the firm’s distribution activities in Europe.
- Conduct the role of “contrôle permanent” and be the point of contact to the AMF.
- Conduct risk assessments, gap analysis, monitoring and testing as part of the overall Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP).
- Development and maintenance of management information.
- Ensure the submission of regulatory returns to the AMF and respond to standard requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain the core compliance regulatory registers.
- Draft and update internal policies and procedures in line with regulatory developments.
- Support the firm’s compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements.
- Support the development and implementation of the firm’s global compliance agenda in US, UK, Singapore and Hong Kong (no need for expertise in local laws)
- Analyse and interpret regulatory developments.
- Support the development and implementation of the firm’s compliance training program globally. Inform, advise and educate business units and senior management on all relevant compliance and AML matters.
- Any other ad-hoc projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience of operating in a broad compliance role within the Wealth Management or Asset Management space and has a good understanding of the regulatory environment.
- Candidates will also have a good working knowledge of financial services regulation, in particular good knowledge of AMF and European rules as well as the communication and organisational skills necessary for the role.
- Ability to work with a degree of independence and escalating issues when and if necessary.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels in an organisation in an international environment.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage expectations and time in a fast-paced environment with shifting demands.
- Good organisational, research and project management skills.
- Strong financial and business awareness.
- Legal background would be advantageous.
This is a chance to work in a high profile firm and ensure the compliance function is both robust and fit to support the business.
We offer a competitive package, comprising of base salary and annual discretionary performance-based bonus, as well as long term performance related incentives tied to firm performance.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject Compliance Specialist Senior Associate. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website https://partners-cap.com.