The Associate will join our Boston office as a member of the Data, Analytics and Performance Reporting Team (a newly formed team within Investment Research Operations). This individual will be a key part of the team responsible for calculating and producing performance reports for our proprietary pooled vehicles. The Associate will primarily focus on performance reporting and investment data collection, maintenance, and analysis for performance reporting.
The Data, Analytics and Performance Reporting Team is responsible for:
- Institutionalizing data, analytics, and performance reporting in support of our investment team, including proprietary managed vehicles.
- Ensuring that the data required to support our investment programs is complete, current, accessible, and maintained in systems with a high degree of accuracy.
- Preparing performance reporting for the Firm’s proprietary pooled vehicles on a regular basis. In addition, this team works heavily with our Data Management Team to identify and publish new data sets and to create and maintains business intelligence visualizations to support the Investment Research team.
The Associate will be expected to be part of the team implementing a software solution to support ongoing performance reporting. In this capacity, the Associate will be part of the team responsible for implementing and influencing the vision for the future state of reporting and will have an opportunity to influence the role the team plays within Investment Research. Regardless of the area of focus, the Associate is expected to gain exposure and have a full understanding of our investment process and to develop an understanding of all parts of the business. The Associate will also be expected to contribute to broader Firm development through participation in specific projects or initiatives.
This is a fast-moving team within a fast-growing 300+ person company and we are seeking a highly motivated person with a strong data orientation and high attention to detail who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing firm. This individual will play a key role in building the foundation for a new and highly efficient operational function within the Investment Research Team.
- Source data, calculate, analyze and report pooled vehicle performance (including attribution) to internal teams
- Prepare annual performance reporting for private fund structures
- Perform validation and reconciliation to ensure accurate data reporting, working across teams to resolve discrepancies where necessary
- Develop standard performance reporting templates for the delivery of performance reporting
- Document procedures for the creation of performance reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Ad hoc reporting as necessary
- Collaborate with client facing teams to develop standard framework for reporting performance
- Collaborate across the Firm on internal projects to improve the efficiency of performance reporting process
Data Management and Analytics
- Ensure data is collected and captured within the established deadlines for the assigned investment products. Examples include maintaining dealing terms of investments, updating performance, tax implications, exposures and other key data for products on an ongoing basis
- Work with investment professionals and develop visualization tools to automate analyses currently being performed manually in spreadsheets
- Identify additional beneficial data sets, as well as process and automation improvements
- Create business requirements to support prioritization of team projects utilizing technology resources
- Using visualization tools and available data sources, develop creative and rapid solutions to assist with a variety of custom and ad-hoc requests
Key responsibilities may be assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
Qualifications / Attributes
- Intellectually curious and energized by the prospect of solving business-wide operational challenges
- 1-3 years of experience in investment performance reporting or other data intensive role
- Experience calculating investment performance and attribution (TR and IRR) preferred
- Demonstrated interest in finance and investment data
- Strong quantitative skills and attention to detail required
- Experience with data reconciliations strongly preferred
- SQL, Python, and/or PowerBI experience is a plus
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Hiring Manager: Erin Faccone, Head of Data, Analytics & Peformance Reporting
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject: Data Analytics & Performance Reporting Associate. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com.