As a fast-growing company of over two hundred people, we are looking for someone to help review and send fund investment execution instructions for a range of clients and help build our operational processes and procedures. The candidate should be hardworking and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. They must be able to problem solve, interact with colleagues and third parties, prioritise and complete multiple tasks whilst meeting daily deadlines.
The candidate will be an integral member of the global Client Services team and will report directly to the Principals in the team. The role is not client facing, as all client relationships are managed by the Investment Principals and Partners, however strong communication skills are required for frequent interactions with a multitude of third parties with whom we liaise such as fund administrators, fund managers, custodians, banks and brokers.
Client Investment Execution:
- Grasp a detailed understanding of the investment products our clients invest in, with specific attention paid to the terms of the funds they invest in (incl. fee classes, minimums, fund notice periods, gates, lock up periods)
- Perform detailed reviews of trade execution instructions and investment documentation to ensure accuracy prior to submitting the instructions to custodians and fund administrators
- Liaise with custodians and nominees, to ensure investment instructions are correctly transacted and settled in an accurate and timely manner, and to resolve any issues that may arise
- Deal directly with fund administrators to submit investment instructions and resolve queries to ensure trades are placed and settled in a timely manner
- Complete and review Private Equity and Hedge Fund subscription documents, ensuring documents are completed accurately and submitted on time, resolving any issues raised by fund administrators
- Adhere to Partners Capital execution policy and procedures
- Provide an efficient risk-controlled execution service
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills and take pride in their meticulous attention to detail. A flexible, entrepreneurial approach and an appetite for challenge are essential qualities.
- Have an excellent academic record, having graduated from a reputable university, as well as strong A Levels (Maths / Economics is preferred but not essential). At a minimum hold the CFA Level 4 Certificate in Investment Management (IMC)
- Have prior experience of working in a similar role within Financial Services, such as a private bank, middle office or settlement agency
- Have experience of completing tax documentation for clients, including IRS forms and CRS self-certifications
- Have a good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel / Outlook
- Have a broad understanding of the workings of global investment markets
- Have a good understanding of product types within the major asset classes, particularly Alternatives
- Be familiar with the use of Bloomberg for checking prices for instance
- Be an articulate self-starter with strong analytical and organisational skills
- Have strong communication skills necessary for dealing with custodians, nominees and fund administrators
- Be able to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be very comfortable working with numbers
- Have a high degree of integrity and professionalism and be a collaborative “team player”
- Be comfortable receiving and providing feedback
The salary is highly competitive and would include a bonus. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning opportunities as well as support for the pursuit of formal qualifications.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "Execution Specialist".