Partners Capital Investment Group is seeking a talented Investment Intern to join our newly established West Coast team, located in San Francisco. The Investment Intern will be a part of a diverse group that now requires several additional team players who are eager to learn and help the West Coast office achieve its ambitious goals.
The Investment Internship requires someone who will be comfortable in our entrepreneurial environment as we develop our business, combined with the analytical and creative strengths required to implement our investment strategy. Meticulous attention to detail, ability to think critically, and an execution-oriented, positive attitude are key attributes we look for. Excellent written and verbal communication competencies are required for interacting with clients, third parties, and firm leadership.
After the internship is complete, our goal is that this person is asked to join our firm as a full-time Investment Analyst the following year. Our team puts a premium on transparency to maintain a meritocratic and collegial environment. As a rapidly growing business, we seek team members with a strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity who will contribute as soon as they join us.
Client Portfolio Management (50%): The Investment Intern will form part of the team that serves as an Outsourced Chief Investment Office (OCIO) for clients and will support investment strategy development and portfolio management. Key responsibilities include:
- Support management of clients’ balance sheets, preparing asset allocation analyses, and investment recommendations
- Assist in the preparation of client materials covering portfolio performance, asset allocation, investment recommendations, and macroeconomic outlook
- Conduct research projects related to client portfolio management
Business Development (50%): The Investment Intern will partner with the West Coast team to lead a business development project that supports Partners Capital’s efforts to grow our lines of business and enhance our competitive positioning relative to our peers. Key responsibilities include:
- Support preparation of pitch materials, including some analysis to evaluate existing portfolios
- Assist with researching, identifying, and tracking prospective clients, and engaging in networking opportunities
- Conduct research and support preparation for upcoming meetings with prospective clients
- Conduct research projects related to business development efforts
Our internship is a 6-week program. The ideal candidate will be working towards an undergraduate degree from a top institution alongside a strong record of academic achievement. Previous internship experience is not required.
Hiring Manager: Sud Murugesu, Head of West Coast
Please apply on Handshake or send your CV, cover letter highlighting up to three accomplishments of which you are most proud (max 300 words), and transcripts to [email protected] with the subject: San Francisco Investment Intern. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com.