The Investment Principal located in Boston will lead teams that manage multi-asset class client portfolios. As a rapidly growing firm, we seek new team members who are dynamic and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Client Portfolio Management (Primary Focus): The Investment Principal will serve as the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) for their clients, with end-to-end management responsibility for the investment process of client portfolios. Key responsibilities include:
- Investment Strategy Development: Leveraging insights from the Firm’s Central Research Team and Asset Class teams to design multi-asset class portfolio for clients, subject to constraints including (but not limited to) risk budget, liquidity and spending needs.
- Portfolio Exposure Management: Monitoring portfolio exposures on an ongoing basis. Rebalancing investments, as necessary, to ensure that the portfolio adheres to stated goals and constraints. Managing liquidity to meet any necessary capital calls and/or capital requirements of the client.
- Meeting Preparation/Execution: Directing the agenda and supporting materials for client update meetings. Leading meeting discussions and responding to client questions regarding investment strategy.
- Client Request Management: Maintaining open dialogue with clients and responding to ad-hoc requests related to, for example: external investment opportunities, charitable giving and/or estate planning.
- Team Development: Managing, developing and mentoring junior team members who will support the Investment Principal in their range of responsibilities.
Other (Secondary Focus): As with all other members of the Firm, the Investment Principal will take on other activities and projects that contribute to the success of the business. Examples may include: recruiting and training junior members of the team, researching and improving our portfolio construction approach and/or assisting with business development.
Key responsibilities will be regularly assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
Qualifications / Attributes
- Deep understanding and active passion for investing and markets
- 6-10 years’ experience in a professional services role (e.g., management consulting, investment banking, or asset management). Experience in a related field (e.g., investment consultancy) is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree with a strong track record of academic achievement. Advanced degree (e.g., MBA) or professional certification (e.g., CFA, CAIA) is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Strong quantitative skills and detail-orientation
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment
- High intellectual curiosity and willingness to contribute to the overall success of the business
Compensation / Benefits
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a deferred compensation program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Benefits Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Hiring Manager: David Shushan, Partner and Head of Boston