Investment Principal – Portfolio Management
The Investment Principal will lead teams that manage multi-asset class client portfolios. As a rapidly-growing firm, we seek new team members who are dynamic and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Client Portfolio Management (90%): The Investment Principal will primarily function as the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) for their clients. The Client CIO has end-to-end management responsibility for the investment process of client portfolios and will be evaluated on optimizing long-term investment performance, subject to applicable constraints. Key responsibilities include:
- Investment Strategy Development - Leverage insights from the Firm’s Central Research Team and Asset Class teams to design an optimized multi-asset class portfolio for clients, subject to constraints including (but not limited to) risk budget, liquidity and spending needs.
- Portfolio Exposure Management - Monitor the portfolio and rebalance exposures, as necessary, to ensure the portfolio adheres to stated goals and constraints. Manage liquidity to meet any necessary capital calls and/or capital requirements of the client.
- Meeting Preparation/Execution - Prepare agenda and materials for client portfolio update meetings. Lead meeting discussions and respond to client questions regarding investment strategy and broad market views.
- Client Request Management - Maintain open dialogue with clients and provide general financial advice on topics including (but not limited to) estate planning, charitable giving and external investment opportunities.
- Team Development - Manage, develop and mentor junior team members who will support the Investment Principal in their range of responsibilities.
Other Activities (10%): As with all other members of our Firm, the Investment Principal will be expected to contribute to other areas of the business (e.g., recruiting and training, special research projects, or business development) and should be prepared for wide-ranging responsibilities.
- 6-10 years' experience in asset management, preferably in a portfolio advisory/management role at an endowment, foundation, family office, investment consultancy, or outsourced investment office
- Have an active passion for investing and strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Possess an outstanding track record of accomplishments and excellence evidenced by detail-orientation
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Undergraduate degree from a top institution with a strong record of academic achievement and a MBA or CFA Charter is preferred, but not essential
Our dynamic, collaborative culture requires a flexible entrepreneurial attitude and an appetite for tackling challenging projects, while offering the chance to quickly make an impact. Our team members need to be comfortable and confident interacting with business leaders and sophisticated asset managers.
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a deferred compensation program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is diverse and inclusive, in people and in thought. Our meritocracy is enabled by fostering a truly inclusive and collaborative culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experiences are valued.