The IT Support Manager located in Boston will manage the US IT Support team, reporting to the Global Head of IT Support and Infrastructure. The role covers many functions, including desktop support, vendor management, and project work/software rollouts. As a fast growing 280+ person company, we seek someone who is motivated, adaptable, a self-starter, takes a customer service mindset to IT Support, and is comfortable leading a small team in an extremely fast-paced, ever-changing entrepreneurial environment.
- Drive a culture that continuously raises the bar in the provision of IT support
- Manage and coordinate a team of Service Desk Engineers through 1:1s including coaching and development of skills and capabilities
- Coordinate activities with the MSP partner and hold them to robust SLAs
- Drive Service Desk KPI’s towards achieving a world class service by ensuring high resolution on first call and robust processes to quickly resolve user requests
- Conduct ongoing measurement of SLAs by both the internal team and suppliers to ensure delivery to agreed SLAs
- Manage the Major Incident process including resolution management, providing timely communications, and producing the root cause analysis documentation
- Reduce the time to complete service requests by implementing self-service & automation tooling
- Ensure effective reporting for service operations
- Make data driven recommendations and decisions for technology Leadership
- Coordinate and manage local and global infrastructure projects such as software rollouts, office moves or expansions, mobile device management solutions and general infrastructure upgrades
- Develop a strong understanding of the needs of the business and proactively implement solutions to meet these needs
- Support the Technology platforms such as MS Windows and Office, third party financial software and plugins as well as video conferencing
- Research best practice solutions and IT platforms to support a growing business; define the business problem, research options, make the recommendation and work with senior management to decide the appropriate action plan. Drive the agreed solution to completion while ensuring the deadline and budget is met.
- Ensure documentation is expanded and kept up to date
Key responsibilities may be assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of relevant experience in a customer facing role with a strong track record of achievement. The candidate will have the right experience and skills, including but not limited to:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a passion for technology
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts in simple terms
- A comprehensive technical grounding and experience with supporting hardware and software business solutions such as (but not limited to) Windows desktops, laptops, Microsoft Office products, mobile phones, video conferencing equipment, phones, printers, O365, Windows servers, Azure, Network switches and Wireless networks
- Ability to manage a team and lead by example
- Excellent client service and ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and oral skills; the ability to clearly communicate their subject matter expertise to non-technical stakeholders
- Comfortable working and communicating with senior management
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies (Azure), OneDrive, SharePoint and MS Teams
- Flexible, entrepreneurial approach to their work; has an appetite for challenges and can work autonomously
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.