Operational Due Diligence Associate
The candidate will conduct all aspects of the Partners Capital operational due diligence process, including but not limited to information gathering, meeting preparation, onsite visits, data analysis, risk assessment and evaluation, report issuance, and ongoing monitoring of asset managers.
- Conducting the operational due diligence review of fund managers (including but not limited to hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, real estate, private debt, separately managed accounts, and co-investments) in collaboration with the Asset Class Research Teams.
- Initiating and completing documentation requests (e.g., due diligence questionnaires, fund legal documents, audited financial statements, standard. operating procedure manuals, and regulatory reports, ) from asset managers.
- Completing an initial desktop review of the data and documents collected to identify potential issues or concerns which require further investigation.
- Arranging and participating in calls or onsite meetings with asset managers to interview finance, operations, and compliance team members.
- Writing detailed Operational Due Diligence reports, including overall assessments of the manager as well as assessments across certain operational risk areas (e.g., trade flow, valuation, cash movements, governance structure, compliance, technology, etc.).
- Presenting findings, recommendations, and conclusions to the Assets Class Investment Teams, Chief Investment Officer, and/or the Asset Class Investment Committees.
- Compiling, reviewing, and ensuring the accuracy of key fund information in Partners Capital’s internal systems.
- Tracking all operational concerns and issues identified and working directly with the managers and/or the Asset Class Investment Teams to ensure the concerns and issues are remediated.
The role is expected to involve some travel (domestic and potentially international) and direct interaction with fund managers and third-party service providers such as administrators, auditors, compliance consultants, and lawyers. In addition, the candidate may be required to assist with ad- hoc internal projects and initiatives.
- Minimum two years operational due diligence or internal control assessment experience at a leading firm.
- Robust understanding of hedge fund and private equity fund structures and operational risk matters.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal management and external asset managers and clients.
- Very strong MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills, highly analytical and data-oriented.
- Places an extremely high value on data accuracy and integrity.
- Highly proactive, results, and action oriented.
- Very strong organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced environment. Capable of working on multiple reviews and initiatives simultaneously.
- Independent “outside the box” thinker in regard to “best practice” policies and processes.
- Very comfortable in working at a small entrepreneurial company.
- Highly motivated team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the team and business.
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a deferred compensation program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is diverse and inclusive, in people and in thought. Our meritocracy is enabled by fostering a truly inclusive and collaborative culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experiences are valued.