The Associate will join our Boston office as member of the Operational Due Diligence Team. The candidate will conduct all aspects of the Partners Capital operational due diligence process, including but not limited to, information gathering, meeting preparation, onsite visits, data analysis, risk assessment and evaluation, report issuance, and ongoing monitoring of asset managers. This individual will report to the Global Head of Operational Due Diligence.
As a fast growing, 250+ person company, we seek someone who is motivated, a self-starter, adaptable and comfortable working on a small team in an extremely fast-paced, ever-changing entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate has an excellent work ethic, strong verbal and written communication skills and has prior operational due diligence or internal control assessment experience.
- Conduct operational due diligence reviews of fund managers (including but not limited to hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, real estate, private debt, separately managed accounts, and co-investments) in collaboration with the Asset Class Research Teams.
- Initiate and complete documentation requests (e.g., due diligence questionnaires, fund legal documents, audited financial statements, standard operating procedure manuals regulatory reports, etc.) from asset managers.
- Complete initial desktop reviews of data and documents collected to identify potential issues or concerns which may require further investigation.
- Arrange and participate in calls or onsite meetings with asset managers to interview finance, operations, and compliance team members.
- Write detailed Operational Due Diligence reports, including overall assessments of the manager as well as assessments across certain operational risk areas (e.g., trade flow, valuation, cash movements, governance structure, compliance, technology, etc.).
- Present findings, recommendations and conclusions to the Asset Class Investment Teams, Chief Investment Officer, and/or the Asset Class Investment Committees.
- Compile, review and ensuring the accuracy of key fund information in Partners Capital’s internal systems.
- Track all operational concerns and issues identified and work directly with the managers and/or the Asset Class Investment Teams to ensure the concerns and issues are remediated.
Key responsibilities may be assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
Qualifications / Attributes
- Minimum two years of operational due diligence or internal control assessment experience.
- Robust understanding of hedge fund and private equity fund structures and operational risk matters.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal management, external asset managers and clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent problem solving skills, highly analytical and data-oriented.
- Places an extremely high value on data accuracy and integrity.
- Highly proactive, results, and action oriented.
- Very strong organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced environment. Capable of working on multiple reviews and initiatives simultaneously.
- Independent “outside the box” thinker in regard to “best practice” policies and processes.
- Very comfortable in working at a small entrepreneurial company.
- Highly motivated team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the team and business.
Compensation / Benefits
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a profit share program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Hiring Manager: Queenie Chang, Global Head of Operational Due Diligence
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject: Operational Due Diligence Associate. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com.