Payroll and HRIS Specialist
The North America Payroll and HRIS Specialist will be responsible for North America payroll, HRIS administration and general HR responsibilities.
The individual will partner closely with other members of the North America People Team to manage the HR lifecycle and support employees across all three North American offices (Boston HQ, New York, San Francisco) on HR matters by responding to day-to-day inquiries, leading and supporting special projects and completing other tasks, as requested.
Reporting to the Head of People for North America, this person will also collaborate with People Team colleagues in North America and the UK on Global People Team initiatives. As a fast growing, 200+ person company, we seek someone who is motivated, a self-starter, adaptable and comfortable working on a small team in a fast-paced, ever-changing entrepreneurial environment.
North America Payroll Responsibilities
- Process North America semi-monthly, bi-weekly, and off-cycle payrolls in UKG Pro (UltiPro)
- Maintain and manage Partners Capital’s time and attendance system for North America
- Balance and validate payroll gross-to-net results for accuracy
- Complete employee verification of employment document requests
- Assist with providing payroll-related data and audit requests
- Handle payroll tax notices as needed
- Resolve complex payroll processing and employee issues
- Handle garnishment notices, as needed
- Register with new states for withholding taxes as needed
- Stay up-to-date on state and federal tax law changes
- Run scheduled reports and develop reports, as needed
- Troubleshoot, analyze, detect, identify, and correct HRIS functional issues
- Work with HRIS vendor to resolve technical issues
- Accountable for the creation and tracking of all status forms related to personnel changes
- Enter employee transactions including new hires, terminations, and changes into HRI
General HR Responsibilities
- Participate in employee onboarding responsibilities (gathering paperwork, presenting HRIS/Payroll information at new hire orientation program)
- Maintain electronic employee files
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or related discipline or equivalent experience in a professional environment
- 3+ years of experience of payroll preparation for a multi-location organization with domestic, multi-state (NY, CA, MA) payrolls
- Strong knowledge with payroll systems, UKG Pro (UltiPro) preferred
- Knowledge of payroll tax laws and garnishments
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize, be detail oriented, multi-task and have good organization skills
- Keen focus on accuracy, timeliness, responsiveness and have a customer service approach
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a deferred compensation program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is diverse and inclusive, in people and in thought. Our meritocracy is enabled by fostering a truly inclusive and collaborative culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experiences are valued.