We are seeking an Associate to join our People Team based in Boston, MA. This individual will be exposed to human resources (HR) best practices and provide generalist support to the Firm’s North American team (across our three NA offices: Boston HQ, New York, San Francisco). Reporting to the Head of People, the individual will partner closely with other members of the People Team to support the full employee lifecycle, day-to-day inquiries, people operations, special projects and other tasks, as requested.
As a fast growing, 250+ person company, we are seeking someone who is motivated, a self-starter, adaptable and comfortable working on a small team in an extremely fast-paced, ever-changing entrepreneurial environment.
Talent Acquisition and Management:
- Organize logistics including logging candidate resumes, scheduling interviews, administering tests/case studies
- Arrange and attend candidate debrief sessions, collect feedback and action next steps in a timely manner
- Document and enter accurate applicant information for candidate tracking
- Manage job postings internally and externally
- Support new employee onboarding (e.g., training, operational logistics) and offboarding
- Support administration of employee benefits (including enrollments, changes, terminations) for medical, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, life insurance and 401k
- Reconcile monthly benefit statements
- Assist with vacation and sick time tracking for North America employees
Compensation and Payroll:
- Support biweekly payroll activities, including but not limited to benefit invoice audits, team travel tracking and paid leave benefits tracking
Learning and Development:
- Assist with the development, coordination and tracking of all training and development activities
- Support operational logistics of global and regional onboarding and training programs including but not limited to scheduling and attendance tracking
People System (UKG):
- Support ongoing maintenance of UKG (Partners Capital’s People System)
- Assist with UKG enhancements including requirements gathering, testing and change management
- Enter new hire information into UKG Onboarding
- Update people policy documents (i.e., Benefits Outlines, Employee Handbook) to reflect changes
- Support monthly review of compliance posters for all North America offices
- Monitor labor law policies to ensure compliance with state and federal laws
- Own HR calendar and corresponding updates to the People Team
Key responsibilities may be assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
Qualifications / Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in Human Resources or consulting
- Thorough knowledge of employment law, HR principles and best practices with high integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent project management, organization, prioritization, written/verbal communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- High degree of professionalism and sound judgement with understanding of when and how to escalate potential issues
- Solutions oriented and able to work both independently and as part of team
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Intellectually curious and inclusive team player willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business
Compensation / Benefits
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a profit share program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Hiring Manager: Pamela Haddad, Head of People, North America