People Team Associate
Partners Capital is seeking a People Team Associate to join the North America People Team with broad knowledge of HR best practices and experience in areas such as: HR strategy, talent management, recruitment, performance development, learning and development, benefits, compensation, employee relations and HR policy.
The individual will partner closely with other members of the North America People Team to manage the HR lifecycle and support employees across all three North American offices (Boston HQ, New York, San Francisco), including Partners on HR matters by responding to day-to-day inquiries and administration, leading and supporting special projects and completing other tasks or special projects , as requested. This individual will also support strategic growth initiatives including diversity, equity, and inclusion work, team member development, and wellbeing.
This person will also collaborate with other People Teams, mainly located in our London office on Global People Team initiatives. As a fast growing, 200+ person company, we seek someone who is motivated, a self-starter, adaptable and comfortable working on a small team in an extremely fast-paced, ever-changing entrepreneurial environment.
HR Strategy and Strategic Initiatives
- Supports and leads development and implementation of initiatives to improve the HR offering to the organization, which can include efficiencies, policies, projects, programs, and systems.
- Participates in the implementation, roll-out, and maintenance of our global HRIS platform.
- Supports advancement of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) initiatives. Identify and drive related projects through to completion.
- Remains current on best practices and trends in the industry.
- Supports ad hoc people data analysis and reporting requests.
Talent Management and Recruiting
- Organizes logistics for US recruiting efforts, including logging candidate resumes, scheduling interviews with candidates/recruiters, administering on-site (and virtual) case studies and tests for candidates and arranging debrief sessions.
- Manages new employee onboarding (e.g., training, operations) and employee departure processes.
- Completes Form I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files. Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Supports and leads development and implementation of initiatives to support and promote team wellbeing and engagement (i.e., development of wellbeing calendar, employee engagement surveys).
- Supports immigration efforts for current and incoming team members.
- Supports annual performance development processes to help ensure effective objective setting and feedback processes are conducted on timely basis by team members.
Learning and Development
- Identify learning and development needs and recommend solutions.
- Assists with the development, implementation/coordination and tracking of all training and development activities.
- Administers training activities for employees using the Partners Capital training platform, Partners Capital University (PCU).
- Administration of employee benefits: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, FSA, commuter benefits, life insurance and 401k. Works with the third-party service providers to resolve issues.
- Serve as contact for 401k plan inquiries (i.e., enrollments). Partner with Payroll administrator and third-party providers as the liaison for employees.
- Assists with vacation and sick time tracking for US employees.
Compensation and Payroll
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs to ensure accurate data and recommends corrective actions.
- Tracks and communicates monthly updates to US payroll as related to employee enrollments (e.g., insurance deductions).
- Tracks overtime hours for non-exempt employees. Supports other time and attendance initiatives.
- Administers required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Supports compensation related projects such as benchmarking (i.e., market data surveys, analysis).
HR Policy and Employee Relations
- Updates company documents (i.e., Employee Handbook) to reflect changes as needed. Distributes updated documents to the team.
- Understands relevant federal and state laws and is able to translate them into Firm processes/policies as well as communicate them, as appropriate, to the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in Human Resources or consulting
- Thorough knowledge of employment law, HR principles and best practices with high integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent project management, organization, prioritization, written/verbal communication, and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- High degree of professionalism and sound judgement with understanding of when and how to escalate potential issues
- Proactive with strong attention to detail
- Solutions oriented and able to work both independently and as part of team
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong GPA and SAT
- Team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a deferred compensation program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is diverse and inclusive, in people and in thought. Our meritocracy is enabled by fostering a truly inclusive and collaborative culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experiences are valued.