The Pooled Vehicle Principal located in Boston will lead the day-to-day operations of the Partners Capital private fund of funds, or pooled vehicles, and special projects to support future funds and improve operations of existing funds. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in fund accounting or fund operations for private equity and or hedge funds. The successful applicant should be ready for wide ranging responsibilities in multiple areas and will be expected to be flexible and willing to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee operations for $13 billion+ AUM within 70+ multi-asset class pooled vehicles.
- Act as a project manager for strategic and tactical operations projects to support the rapidly growing firm and team. Work closely with the investment team and other operations teams on all fund related projects, including launches, secondary sales, redomiciliations and more. Review existing team processes and identify future areas for enhancements and automation.
- Oversee and manage third-party relationships with administrators, auditors, tax providers and lawyers, including contract negotiation and vendor selection.
- Support all pooled vehicle related communications and interactions with the global firm and third-party providers. Act as the “information hub” of the organization and serve as a brand ambassador for the firm. Collaborate with other teams and service providers to research and problem solve to support our clients and growing business.
- Review, mentor and coach senior associates, associates, and analysts on the ten person team. Support the recruiting process as the team continues to expand.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day success of the team by managing timely completion of all deliverables. Act as a final reviewer for deliverables prepared by administrators or more junior team members, including client communications, NAV reporting, and high risk wires.
Key responsibilities may be assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
Qualifications / Attributes
As a fast growing, 280+ person company, we seek someone who is dynamic, detail oriented, drive and comfortable managing multiple tasks at once. The candidate must possess an outstanding track record of accomplishments and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related area with a strong GPA.
- Five+ years’ experience working in private funds. Strong understanding of hedge fund and/or private equity fund operations.
- Excellent attention to detail, people management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Comfort with data analysis and strong technical acumen, specifically in Microsoft Excel. VBA and SQL are a plus.
- Highly motivated and proactive, anticipates what should be done to drive the business forward.
- Very strong organizational and project management skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player who is very comfortable working in a small, entrepreneurial company.
Compensation / Benefits
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a profit share program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Hiring Manager: Alyssa Rau, Head of Pooled Vehicle Operations