The Pooled Vehicle Senior Associate located in Boston will assist with help oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Partners Capital private fund of funds, or pooled vehicles. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in fund accounting, fund operations, and/or fund audits for private equity and/or hedge funds. The successful applicant should be ready for wide ranging responsibilities in multiple areas and will be expected to be flexible and willing to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee operations for $13 billion+ AUM within 70+ multi-asset class pooled vehicles, including launching new funds annually.
- Act as a project contributor for strategic and tactical operations projects to support the rapidly growing firm and team, with a focus on automation.
- Support the client and research teams through review and approval of accounting reports prepared by third party administrators and associates, including wires, NAV packages, capital call and distribution schedules, waterfall calculations, and client statements.
- Oversee and manage third-party relationships with administrators, auditors, tax providers and lawyers.
- Support all pooled vehicle related communications and interactions with the global firm and third-party providers. Act as the “information hub” of the organization and serve as a brand ambassador for the firm through management of the team inbox. Collaborate with other teams and service providers to research and problem solve for clients.
- Review, mentor and coach the analysts and associates on the team. Support the recruiting process as the team continues to expand.
Key responsibilities may be assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
Qualifications / Attributes
As a fast growing, 280+ person company, we seek someone who is dynamic, detail oriented, drive and comfortable managing multiple tasks at once. The candidate must possess an outstanding track record of accomplishments and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related area with a strong GPA.
- Three+ years’ experience working in private funds. Strong understanding of hedge fund and/or private equity fund operations.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Comfort with data analysis and strong technical acumen, specifically in Microsoft Excel. VBA and SQL are a plus.
- Highly motivated and proactive, anticipates what should be done to drive the business forward.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and take responsibility for all aspects of a task.
- Team player who is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial company.
Compensation / Benefits
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a profit share program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Hiring Manager: Alyssa Rau, Head of Pooled Vehicle Operations