The Portfolio Reporting Analyst located in Boston will be an integral member of the North America Operations team and will report directly to a Boston-based Principal in the Portfolio Operations department. The Portfolio Reporting Team is primarily responsible for supporting the firm’s client management efforts through account reconciliations and the production of monthly and quarterly performance reports. The candidate will be responsible for all areas of performance reporting across a range of client accounts, including investment data input, validation, troubleshooting, and process management. As key stakeholders of portfolio data and client-facing reports, team members are expected to have a strong understanding of alternative investments and the ability to efficiently and accurately produce consolidated reports while meeting deadlines. Additionally, the candidate must be comfortable interacting with internal client teams and colleagues, on a daily basis, by serving as the primary internal point-of-contact for all reporting inquiries.
As a rapidly growing firm, we seek new team members who are dynamic and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. They should demonstrate excellent organization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines. The company has a “small business” atmosphere and attitude, so the successful applicant will be expected to remain flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Client Account Reconciliation:
- Track and reconcile daily cash movements within client portfolios through coordination with internal teams and external service providers
- Drive completion of cash and position reconciliations across assigned client accounts and/or custodians
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between internal and external records (e.g., custodian, administrator)
Monthly and Quarterly Client Reporting:
- Assist with collection and input of fund manager performance data into proprietary systems
- Assume responsibility and accountability for production and review of monthly “flash” reports and quarterly statements across assigned client accounts
- Reconcile client transactional activity and fund manager performance data versus the benchmarks, and document any deviations for review by the Client Service Team
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues related to the generated and reviewed reports
- Drive completion of client consolidated/legacy reporting by ensuring data completeness and accuracy, and working with the Client Service Team as needed
- Assist with distribution of client reporting including any custom formatting, and upload to online client portal
Ad Hoc Responsibilities:
- Track and gather client tax documents such as K-1s and 1099s
- Manage communication with and provide high-level service to internal client teams on all reporting inquiries. Investigate, drive solutions, and effectively communicate responses to all impacted stakeholders.
- Review current Portfolio Reporting Team processes and procedures to help identify areas of improvement and system enhancements
- Support the Partners Capital Reporting inbox, processing external investment data into proprietary client management and reporting systems. This includes fund and client level statements and estimates as well as private equity documentation such as capital calls and distributions
Key responsibilities will be regularly assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
Qualifications / Attributes
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills, be detail focused, and have an interest in investment and capital markets. A flexible entrepreneurial approach, an appetite for challenge and a good “team player” are essential qualities.
- Up to 2 years prior work experience. Investment operations experience is preferred, but not required.
- Undergraduate degree (any field). Strong GPA and SAT scores.
- High degree of attention to detail and experience inputting and reviewing large sets of data.
- Organization and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Articulate self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business.
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback from/to direct manager and Partners.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
Compensation / Benefits
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a deferred compensation program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Benefits Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Hiring Manager: Steve Kaplan, Head of North America Client Operations