Portfolio Reporting Analyst
The candidate will be an integral member of the North America Operations team and will report directly to a Boston-based Principal in the Portfolio Operations department. The Portfolio Reporting Team is primarily responsible for supporting the firm’s client management efforts through account reconciliations and the production of monthly and quarterly performance reports. The candidate will be responsible for all areas of performance reporting across a range of client accounts, including investment data input, validation, troubleshooting, and process management. As key stakeholders of portfolio data and client-facing reports, team members are expected to have a strong understanding of alternative investments and the ability to efficiently and accurately produce consolidated reports while meeting deadlines. Additionally, the candidate must be comfortable interacting with internal client teams and colleagues, on a daily basis, by serving as the primary internal point-of-contact for all reporting inquiries.
As a rapidly growing firm, we seek new team members who are dynamic and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. They should demonstrate excellent organization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines. The company has a “small business” atmosphere and attitude, so the successful applicant will be expected to remain flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Client Account Reconciliation:
- Track and reconcile daily cash movements within client portfolios through coordination with internal teams and external service providers
- Drive completion of cash and position reconciliations across assigned client accounts and/or custodians
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between internal and external records (e.g. custodian, administrator)
Monthly and Quarterly Client Reporting:
- Assist with collection and input of fund manager performance data into proprietary systems
- Assume responsibility and accountability for production and review of monthly “flash” reports and quarterly statements across assigned client accounts
- Reconcile client transactional activity and fund manager performance data versus the benchmarks, and document any deviations for review by the Client Service Team
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues related to the generated and reviewed reports
- Drive completion of client consolidated/legacy reporting by ensuring data completeness and accuracy, and working with the Client Service Team as needed
- Assist with distribution of client reporting including any custom formatting, and upload to online client portal
Ad Hoc Responsibilities:
- Track and gather client tax documents such as K-1s and 1099s
- Manage communication with and provide high-level service to internal client teams on all reporting inquiries. Investigate, drive solutions, and effectively communicate responses to all impacted stakeholders.
- Review current Portfolio Reporting Team processes and procedures to help identify areas of improvement and system enhancements
- Support the Partners Capital Reporting inbox, processing external investment data into proprietary client management and reporting systems. This includes fund and client level statements and estimates as well as private equity documentation such as capital calls and distributions.
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills, be detail focused, and have an interest in investment and capital markets. A flexible entrepreneurial approach, an appetite for challenge and a good “team player” are essential qualities.
- Up to 2 years prior work experience. Investment operations experience is preferred, but not required.
- Undergraduate degree (any field). Strong GPA and SAT scores.
- High degree of attention to detail and experience inputting and reviewing large sets of data.
- Organization and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Articulate self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business.
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback from/to direct manager and Partners.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a deferred compensation program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is diverse and inclusive, in people and in thought. Our meritocracy is enabled by fostering a truly inclusive and collaborative culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experiences are valued.