The Fund Structuring Principal located in Boston will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the governance and structuring activities for our proprietary funds. This includes managing the operational fund setup lifecycle for new and existing funds and working with a broad array of investment and operational teams and external service providers to ensure timely closings. In addition, this individual will be responsible for overseeing the lending facility program including managing existing loans, closing new loans and keeping abreast of market rates and identifying and onboarding new lenders to the program. This individual will also be responsible for managing fund board governance activities.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in fund operations for private equity and/or hedge funds and strong familiarity with the various ways these funds are structured, market standard terms their related offering documents such as PPMs, LPAs and subscription documents. Direct experience in launching new funds from an operational perspective is a requirement. The successful applicant should be ready for a wide range of responsibilities and will be expected to be flexible and willing to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
- Act a subject matter expert and collaborate with our investment and business development teams in making decisions regarding fund structures for new funds to maximize investor eligibility through the design of fund offering documents and best practices in US and non-US domiciles.
- Lead new fund launches, including coordinating with the investment teams, fund operations, internal and external legal counsel, and compliance.
- Act as a project leader for strategic and tactical projects related to fund structuring activities such as new share class creation, re-domiciliation and new hedging strategies.
- Collaborate with business teams to understand new business development products and research and present operational solutions for new product development ideas.
- Ensure our internal systems are set up and always reflect the current terms and conditions of our private funds.
- Manage all lending facilities, syndications, and renewal process for private funds.
- Perform market research on lending facility market and identify new lending providers for the funds.
- Oversee and manage the Board of Directors and all associated meetings and communications.
- Work with investment and operations teams to manage secondary sales of our private funds.
Key responsibilities may be assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
The ideal candidate is dynamic, detail oriented, and comfortable managing multiple tasks at once. The candidate must possess an outstanding track record of expertise and accomplishments and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related area.
- 7+ years’ experience working in private funds, preferably with fund administration, fund management or custodial relationships and direct experience with fund structuring, lending facilities, secondary sales, and/or board of directors’ governance.
- Direct experience with private equity, private debt and co-investment fund structures and related subscription line facilities.
- Exceptional communication, both written and verbal and attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Comfort with data analysis and strong technical acumen, specifically in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with PowerBI or other visualization tools a plus.
- Highly motivated and proactive, anticipates what should be done to drive the business forward.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and take responsibility for all aspects of a project or task
- Team player who is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial company.
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Please send your CV to NorthAmericaRecruiting@partners-cap.com with the subject: Principal, Fund Structuring. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com.