The Investment Associate to join our Private Equity team based in Boston. The individual will be responsible for supporting senior investment professionals in our Private Equity research activities across private equity strategies including buyouts, venture capital, growth equity, and real estate.
The Private Equity team manages the Firm’s Private Equity investment program across external manager relationships and co-investments. The Partners Capital research team is the engine for identifying and underwriting attractive investment opportunities for inclusion in client portfolios.
The primary goal of the Private Equity research team is to deliver high absolute returns over the long-term by partnering with top-tier managers. The team also supports the growth of the business through innovation, creativity and continuous improvement of our investment program in the face of a competitive and rapidly changing market environment. It also requires that we develop our people, our processes and our systems to stay at the forefront of the investment management industry.
- Investment Diligence: Support rigorous and comprehensive due diligence of private equity, venture capital, and real estate primary fund investments and occasionally support working on co-investments related to these fund investments. Stress-test the manager’s assumptions and develop an independent view of the merits of the investment, particularly in the context of the manager’s mandate, skill and experience. Diligence activities include meetings with managers, quantitative analysis of portfolios and performance, qualitative assessments of team, investment process and research quality, and external referencing and triangulation. The diligence process concludes with a detailed written investment presentation for discussion among the team and with the Internal Investment Committee.
- Investment Research: Lead and support research and analysis on investment opportunities, industry trends, and market dynamics across the private equity asset class. Contribute to investment theme ideation and creation of firm intellectual property.
- Prepare Internal and External Investment Documentation: Create materials for internal investment committee consideration. Internal documentation includes transaction information, company/opportunity financial analyses, due diligence findings, and investment recommendation. Also prepare summary materials for client-facing teams / fundraising.
- Investment Monitoring and Portfolio Management: Support ongoing diligence and monitoring of investment managers and opportunities, including formal quarterly and annual reporting processes. Support research on core investment themes. Assist in portfolio management function for pooled investment vehicles.
- Process Management: Process management is critical to the success of the team’s investment activities. Core responsibilities to include investment database support, client investment process management and marketing support.
In addition to the above, you will, for variety, take on other activities and projects, which might include researching and improving our portfolio construction knowledge and approach, assisting with business development, or helping to develop our technological capabilities Key responsibilities may be assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business.
- Deep understanding and passion for investing and markets
- 2-4 years’ experience in investment banking, private equity, manager due diligence role, and/or a related professional services field (e.g., management consulting)
- Intellectually curious and a team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business
- Aptitude for rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis delivered via an answer-first communication style
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, good attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Undergraduate degree with a strong track record of academic achievement
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Please send your CV to NorthAmericaRecruiting@partners-cap.com with the subject: Private Equity Investment Associate. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com.