The Product Service Analyst located in Boston will assist with the collation of client investment valuations and other key inputs towards the preparation of error free client reporting. This is a critical aspect of our business and is dependent on accurate and up-to-date data being captured in our systems. The primary responsibility of the Product Service Team is to compile, validate, record, and upload data accurately from various sources into our systems.
The candidate will be an integral member of the global Client Operations Team, with broad scope for progression into multiple specialist functions within the team. Responsibilities will include the review, interpretation, and processing of a number of key data points such as fund financial statements, monthly/quarterly letters, client capital account statements, capital calls and fund performance data. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to help evolve our operational processes and procedures, as well as contribute in other areas via assigned project work. Specific aspects of the role are outlined below. The company has a “small business” atmosphere and attitude. The successful applicant should be ready for wide-ranging responsibilities in multiple areas and will be expected to be flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Data Retrieval and Processing:
- Supporting the Partners Capital Reporting inbox, processing external investment data into proprietary client management and reporting systems. This includes fund and client level statements and estimates as well as private equity documentation such as capital calls and distributions.
- Monitoring of bulk data entry and verification. Gatekeeper of back-office data warehouse and quality control.
- Working alongside the process managers to automate a large number of the manual data retrieval processes.
- Maintenance of in-house performance database, including investigation of discrepancies to source data collected via external market data vendors.
- Responsible for the creation and ongoing monitoring of products, performance streams, benchmarks, and client statement entities within proprietary databases.
- Liaising with external vendors and administrators to source underlying manager data.
- Liaising with the Data Management Team ensuring all data is validated across multiple platforms.
Client Accounts Reconciliation:
- Proactively monitoring team email inbox and resolve internal queries from Client Operations and Reporting Teams.
- Working alongside the Client Operations and Reporting Teams to ensure the data is entered and correct across multiple platforms.
- Performing analysis and inputting of complex data sets, such as corporate actions, equalizations, series roll-ups, performance streams, and monthly fund NAV data.
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies between internal records and custodians or fund administrators.
Process Enhancement and Projects:
- Assisting in the implementation of strategic projects to ensure the data collections process is as efficient as possible.
- Proactively reviewing current team processed and procedures to help identify areas of improvement and system enhancements.
- Assisting other teams with any data queries, adhering to the firm’s data governance policy.
- Opportunity to be involved in projects which are being led by our dedicated Transformation Office.
- Developing strong relationship with our internal teams to better understand key processes across the company.
Key responsibilities will be regularly assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
Qualifications / Attributes
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. They must be comfortable interacting with employees in other teams, including senior management. They should demonstrate excellent organization skills with a proven ability to multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Prior work experience (0-1 years). Investment operations experience or internships preferred, but not required.
- Undergraduate degree (any field). Strong GPA and SAT scores.
- High degree of attention to detail and experience inputting and reviewing large sets of data.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize daily workloads.
- A dependable team player with a commitment to completing tasks on time. Self-motivated and accountable.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback from/to direct manager and Partners.
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Hiring Manager: Carolina Nevárez, Head of North America Portfolio Operations
Please send your CV to [email protected] with the subject: Product Service Associate. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com.