Product Services Associate
Description of the Company
Partners Capital LLP is an independent international investment advisory firm serving high net worth families, foundations and endowments located in London, Paris, Hong Kong, Singapore, Boston, New York and San Francisco. We act as the outsourced investment office providing wholly independent advice on asset allocation and best of breed asset manager selection across all geographic markets.
The firm was founded in 2001 by investment professionals seeking an independent and conflict free adviser to provide portfolio construction advice and to conduct rigorous analysis of investment opportunities. From its initial focus as the ‘money manager to the money managers’, Partners Capital has grown to become an adviser to endowments and foundations as well as prominent family offices and successful entrepreneurs across the US, UK, Europe and Asia. Our clients are typically sophisticated, well informed, experienced investors. Our current assets under management exceed $30 billion and we have over 150 employees across seven offices.
Our strategy aims to provide our clients with highly customised bespoke advice, which diversifies their portfolios across all asset classes including long/short equity, private equity, real assets, fixed income/credit, absolute return and cash. We also manage approximately 30 private pooled vehicle portfolios to improve the efficiency of investing in, and gaining access to funds within these asset classes, as well as offering our model portfolio within a multi asset class pooled vehicle. Developing and launching additional funds is a core element of our strategy in terms of continuing to offer our clients the best investment opportunities. With the help of our investment committee, shareholders and clients, we endeavour to gain access to the top performing managers in each asset class.
It is our fundamental investment philosophy that all investment professionals in the firm have a balanced set of skills in the area of 1) client investment strategy development and implementation and 2) asset manager due diligence. Our clients expect to be able to discuss the performance, strategies and teams associated with each asset manager in which they invest and this is only possible through the active involvement in the asset manager evaluation and performance monitoring process. This distinguishes Partners Capital significantly from the vast majority of wealth managers in the world who separate these functions. We believe that this also offers the professional working with Partners Capital a much more diverse and challenging balance of activities.
The Partners are former strategic consultants or private wealth management advisors. The firm includes backing from Portland Place Partners, an investment partnership backed by Sir Ronald Cohen (co-founder of Apax Partners) and Lord Jacob Rothschild. Our external investment committee includes members of the Cornell and Denison University endowments.
The Product Service Team is a core function in the Partners Capital back office operations team. The key components of the role include:
Data Retrieval, Review & Maintenance (20%)
- Collate and verify key client data to ensure internal core data is valid and accurate.
- Work alongside investment team to complete internal fund set up and maintenance. Liaise with external vendors and administrators to source underlying asset data.
Reporting and Reconciliation (20%)
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between internal records and various external custodians and administrators.
- Produce and validate complex client reporting to tight deadlines
- Assist in the production and review of annual UK client tax reports. Liaise with tax accountants and clients on tax related queries.
Support Role (30%)
- Develop strong relationship with internal teams to better understand key processes across the company, identify areas where the product services team can centralise processes.
- Assist the Client Service and Investment teams in resolving any product or client specific queries.
Process Enhancement and Project work (30%)
- Review current Product Service Team processes and procedures to help identify areas of improvement and system enhancements.
- Manage and take accountability for assigned project work through to completion ensuring that deadlines are met and risks are managed.
The ideal candidate would meet the following criteria:
- A university graduate with a minimum of a 2nd class degree.
- A minimum of a B grade at Maths A-level.
- 6 - 12 months work experience is required, preferably in a back-office operations role.
- Preference for an articulate self-starter with good analytical and organisation skills.
- An ability to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment.
- Can demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- A strong academic background through to degree level and be very comfortable working with numbers.
- We expect employees to study for a suitable regulatory / financial qualification, for which support is provided.
The salary is highly competitive and would include a bonus. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning opportunities as well as support for the pursuit of formal qualifications such as Investment Management Certificate (IMC) as appropriate to each individual member of staff.
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject "Product Services Associate".