Senior Financial Systems Software Developer
Overview of the Firm
Partners Capital is a $30B private investment office which provides investment management services to charitable endowments and foundations, pension funds, and family offices. Whilst we have a global reach with offices in London, Paris, New York, Boston, San Francisco, Singapore and Hong Kong, we retain an entrepreneurial and collegiate culture.
We were founded in 2001 to provide our clients with a long-term, multi-asset class, multi-manager investment approach, similar to the one pioneered by David Swenson, Head ofYale University's Endowment Investment Office. To this end, we invest across the broad asset class spectrum, which includes well-known strategies such as Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Real Estate as well as more esoteric opportunities such as litigation finance, retro reinsurance and life settlements. Whilst we largely invest through funds, we also regularly co-invest alongside our managers.
We have never operated so-called 'in house funds', and therefore remain free from the conflicts of interest inherent in the business models of more traditional investment managers and private banks. We are proud of this independence, as well as our track record of outperformance, the sophistication of our clients, and the longevity of our relationships with them. Due to continued growth in our assets under management, we are intending to hire a small number of additional Investment Associates to work in our London office.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally talented software engineer and will have graduated in the top quartile of his or her class having studied Computer Science or an equivalent technical degree from a top rated university.
The candidate will be joining a small team where the impact will be immediate and tangible. To be effective the candidate needs to be curious, practical, committed to high quality well tested code, apply clear judgment and critical thinking, as well as collaborate closely with others in the firm. The candidate will be working directly with investment and client service professionals and must have a flexible and entrepreneurial approach to their work with an appetite for challenges. The developer should have:
- Thorough knowledge of object oriented programming and design patterns
- Genuine passion for solving complex problems through programming
- An unrivalled enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies
- Exposure to automated testing frameworks for Python and Web Applications
- A good understanding of relational databases (MySQL)
- 4 to 5 years of experience
- Knowledge of Python ideally using the Flask framework
- Previous experience working in financial services
- Experience with SQLAlchemy
- Experience building data visualisations using D3
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
Financial Systems Software Developer - Position Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the individual is to work on all phases of the software development cycle. The responsibilities include:
- Develop and support software as required by the business. This includes building solutions to manage and report on client portfolios as well as software to help source and carry out effective due diligence on investment managers.
- Maintaining and improving the existing codebase based on guidelines set by the team management
- Working in a collaborative team environment with lots of pairing
The salary is competitive and would include a bonus, depending on candidate's experience and qualifications.
Email CV & cover letter to: email@example.com, with subject line "Senior Software Engineer"