Senior Software Developer
The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally talented software engineer and will be a graduate, having studied Computer Science or an equivalent technical degree from university.
The candidate will be joining a small team where the impact will be immediate and tangible. To be effective the candidate needs to be curious, practical, committed to high quality well tested code, apply clear judgment and critical thinking, as well as collaborate closely with others in the firm. The candidate will be working directly with investment and client service professionals and must have a flexible and entrepreneurial approach to their work with an appetite for challenges. The developer should have:
- Strong knowledge of Python, with at least 5+ years of commercial experience, ideally using the Flask framework
- Thorough knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Genuine passion for solving complex problems through programming
- An unrivalled enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies
- Exposure to automated testing frameworks for Python and Web Applications
- A good understanding of relational databases (MySQL)
- Good understanding of python dependency management and testing tools (e.g. piptools, pytest)
- Previous experience working in financial services
- Experience with SQLAlchemy
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
- Experience in migrating or managing apps on the Azure cloud platform
- Financial Systems Software Developer – Position Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the individual is to work on all phases of the software development cycle. The responsibilities include:
- Develop and support software as required by the business. This includes building solutions to manage and report on client portfolios as well as software to help source and carry out effective due diligence on investment managers.
- Maintaining and improving the existing codebase based on guidelines set by the team management
- Working in a collaborative team environment with lots of pairing
The salary is competitive and would include a bonus, depending on candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Please email your CV & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Senior Software Engineer”