The Software Engineering Senior Associate located in Boston will join the newly formed Data Engineering team, working with colleagues in Boston, London, and Singapore to provide fast and reliable access to internal, and third-party data to the other engineering teams as well as the wider business.
The individual will be joining a small team where the impact will be immediate and tangible and must be a motivated self-starter, adaptable and comfortable working an extremely fast-paced, environment. To be effective, the candidate needs to be committed to high quality well tested code, apply clear judgment and critical thinking, as well as collaborate closely with others in the firm. The candidate will be working directly with investment and client service professionals and must have a flexible and entrepreneurial approach to their work with an appetite for challenges.
The primary responsibility of the individual is to work on all phases of the software development life cycle. The responsibilities include:
- Develop and support software as required by the business. This includes integrating external data sources such as Bloomberg and MSCI, managing the flow of data between proprietary and off-the-shelf products.
- Maintaining and improving the existing codebase based on guidelines set by the team management.
- Working in a collaborative team environment with lots of pairing.
Key responsibilities will be regularly assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
Qualifications / Attributes
- 4+ years commercial experience as a software engineer
- Degree in Computer Science or a similar technical subject, or equivalent experience
- Experience building data pipelines and optimizing data flows
- Commercial experience with an industry standard relational DBMS, ideally My-SQL/SQL Server
- A strong understanding of relational databases, including database performance tuning
- Commercial experience building web applications in Python, ideally using the Flask framework
- Experience writing integrations with 3rd party system
- Thorough knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Genuine passion for solving complex problems through programming
- An unrivalled enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies
- Exposure to automated testing frameworks
Preferred but not Essential:
- Previous experience working in financial services
- Experience with SQLAlchemy
- Proficient on both Windows and Linux platforms
- Experience developing solutions for Cloud environments, ideally Azure
- Experience working with data warehouses/data lakes
- Exposure to message-based architecture
Compensation / Benefits
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a profit share program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Benefits Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Hiring Manager: Adi Gupta, Information Technology Senior Principal