Partners Capital is seeking a talented Technology Associate to join our Boston development team where the impact will be immediate and tangible. As a fast growing, 350+ person company, we seek someone who is motivated, a self-starter, adaptable and comfortable working on a small team in an extremely fast-paced, ever-changing entrepreneurial environment.
The successful candidate will be joining the newly formed Client Operations Technology team, working with Investment colleagues in Boston and London to work on new projects and existing applications. This team develops software solutions working closely with the Client Operations team and is responsible for some key systems like the order management system, client reporting systems, client data management and more. The team develops software across Python, PHP and C# using Azure container apps, Azure Functions, Azure ServiceBus and other Azure products.
The primary responsibility of the individual is to work on all phases of the software development life cycle. The responsibilities include:
- Develop and support software as required by the business users. This includes new green field initiatives and enhancing existing software.
- Maintaining and improving the existing codebase based on guidelines set by the team management.
- Working in a collaborative team environment with lots of pairing.
In the first year, the candidate will work with team to implement and integrate the new CRM system. This is one of our biggest and most important initiative which will make big impact on business and business processes.
The team is modernizing the technology stack with exciting new technologies such as Azure Data Factory (ADF), Serverless Function Apps & Snowflake Data Cloud. The successful candidate will have a chance to learn and implement all of these and more.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated software engineer with a degree in Computer Science or similar technical subject, or equivalent experience.
The candidate will be working independently and be a self-starter, curious, practical, committed to high quality well tested code, apply clear judgment and critical thinking, as well as collaborate closely with others in the firm.
- 2-3 years of commercial experience as a software engineer.
- 2-3 years of experience working in python (python 3+).
- Proficient in designing, developing, and managing APIs.
- Strong database design and querying skills, preferably in MySQL.
- Experience working in agile environment
- Genuine passion for solving complex problems through programming.
- Understanding of cloud concepts and frameworks ideally on Azure.
- Understanding of agile processes, esp. Scrum.
- Exposure to automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with SQLAlchemy.
- Experience working with PHP or C#
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Please send your CV to NorthAmericaRecruiting@partners-cap.com with the subject: Technology Associate – Software Development. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com.