We are looking for someone to help coordinate investment execution activities for a range of clients, and help build our operational processes and procedures, supporting the Investment Principals and the Partners who manage client relationships.
The candidate will be an integral member of the global Operations team and will report directly to the Principals in the Client Services department. The role has a wide-ranging remit and involves working with both the broader Operations and Investment teams across all offices. The role is not client facing, all client relationships are managed by the Investment Principals and Partners, however strong communication skills are required for frequent interactions with a multitude of third parties with whom we liaise such as trustees, company directors, financial advisors, tax advisors, fund administrators, fund managers, custodians, banks, brokers, and the Executive Assistants to HNWI clients whilst assisting with the management of our client’s portfolios.
The candidate should be hardworking and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. They must be able to interact with colleagues and third parties, prioritising and completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines. The successful applicant should be ready for wide-ranging responsibilities in multiple areas and will be expected to be flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Client Investment Execution
- Grasp a detailed understanding of the products our clients invest in, with specific attention paid toredemption requirements (incl. fund notice periods, gates, fees, lock up periods).
- Liaise with custodians, trustees and third-party administrators, to ensure investments are correctlytransacted and settled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinate internal capital calls, ensuring that clients receive the call letters with adequate priornotification for them to make the required payments by the deadline, or instruct us to arrange thepayment from their custodian account.
- Ensure that authorisations to investment recommendations are obtained and all orders areimplemented in a timely manner whilst maintaining the necessary supporting documentation.
- Adhere to Partners Capital execution policy and procedures.
Client Account Management
- Monitor client’s cash and securities accounts by closely managing the relationships with their
- custodians, trustees or other third-parties.
- Liaise directly with representatives of clients (e.g. trustees, advisors) on issues relating to their account(s).
- Track client execution through to completion.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded accurately using our in-house systems.
- Adhere to all processes and procedures to ensure Partners Capital remain compliant with all regulatory requirements, and that we fulfil all our fiduciary requirements to our clients.
- Work with other team members preparing for client meetings and dealing with client queries.
- Respond to client calls and act as support to the Investment Principals and Partners in managing client relationships, where necessary.
- Ensure that regulatory and compliance rules are adhered to, especially around KYC/AML documentation.
- Work with Principals/Senior Associates reviewing the currency exposure of client portfolios.
- Prepare detailed forward foreign exchange contract instructions as necessary to adjust and obtain the client’s required underlying currency exposure within their portfolios.
- Track currency execution to completion by comparing trade confirmations to internal systems.
- Monitor client currency exposures to ensure FX hedges remain effective on an on-going basis.
- Adhere to the Partners Capital foreign exchange hedging policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills and an active interest in investment and capital markets. A flexible, entrepreneurial approach and an appetite for challenge are essential qualities.
- Have an excellent academic record, including a Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- Have around two years, or equivalent, prior experience of working within Financial Services – internships will also be considered.
- Have a good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel / Outlook.
- Be an articulate self-starter with strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Be able to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be very comfortable working with numbers.
- Have a high degree of integrity and professionalism and be a collaborative “team player”.
- Be comfortable receiving and providing feedback.
The salary is highly competitive and would include a bonus. Partners Capital is committed to development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning opportunities as well as support for the pursuit of formal qualifications such as the IMC, and the CAIA/IAD as appropriate to each individual.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Client Services Associate, London”. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com