We are looking for someone to join the Client Services team as a Senior Associate. The successful candidate will work alongside the Investment team in a number of different capacities, but predominantly managing the implementation of client investment strategies, as well as overseeing more junior members of the London client operations team.
The ideal candidate will be hardworking and comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment. They should be experienced in interacting with colleagues and third parties, prioritising and completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines. The company has a ‘small business’, entrepreneurial atmosphere and attitude, and as such the successful applicant should appreciate an environment with wide-ranging responsibilities in multiple areas where flexibility and a willingness to do whatever it takes is paramount to contributing to the Firm’s continued success.
Candidates should be comfortable interacting with clients, managing a small team, as well as possessing strong attention to detail, prioritisation and communication skills. They should have a good grasp of operational risk and should quickly be able to build up a detailed understanding of the products our clients invest in, with specific attention paid to product redemption requirements, including redemption notice periods, gaits, fees, the renunciation process, lock up periods and tax treatment, amongst other areas.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the team and a ‘go-to’ person for junior team members; they will be prepared to ‘roll their sleeves up’ and take on a breadth of responsibilities. The core role will be investment implementation which will include reviewing and sending fund dealing instructions and liaising with custodians, trustees and third party administrators to ensure trades are correctly transacted. Further responsibilities will include co-ordination and oversight of client billing, reporting and other internal processes that are carried out by more junior members of the team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the client operations leadership team in overseeing the associates in the London Client Service Team and ensuring client investments are implemented in a timely and accurate manner across all asset classes. This includes reviewing execution instructions (private placement subscription documents, hedge fund dealing documents), directing the execution of mutual funds, foreign exchange and ETF trades, and reviewing account opening documentation as well as assessing and determining weekly priorities across the team.
- Owning a small portfolio of complex clients and managing the trade execution and client servicing requirements of these clients.
- Owning and building the day-to-day relationship with external custodians and brokers. Ensuring we receive best execution. Monitoring and assessing service levels, ensuring investments are correctly transacted and settled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Working with the Transformation Office on operational-related strategic and tactical projects. Assessing internal controls and recommending improvements to strengthen our operational risk environment, increasing efficiencies and avoiding errors.
- Monitoring adherence to all processes and procedures to ensure that the company remains compliant with all regulatory requirements, and that we fulfil our fiduciary requirements to our clients.
- Monitoring client currency exposures to ensure FX hedges remain effective on an on-going basis. Preparation of detailed forward foreign exchange contract instructions as necessary in order to adjust and obtain the client’s required underlying currency exposure within their portfolios.
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff. Holding regular one-on-one meetings with assigned Client Service team members as well as engaging in our annual Performance Development process. Providing team updates to the head of London client operations where necessary.
The role can involve direct client interaction, usually via email and phone but sometimes in person together with the Investment team. The task list above may change over time and the candidate may be required to work on tactical and strategic initiatives with direction from senior management once they are more established in their role.
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills and have an active interest in investment and capital markets. A flexible, entrepreneurial approach and an appetite for challenge are essential qualities.
Candidates will ideally:
- Be degree educated, and ideally have a professional qualification recognised within the financial sector.
- Have at least 3-5 years of experience of working within financial services.
- Have a good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel / Outlook.
- Be an articulate self-starter with strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Be able to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be very comfortable working with numbers.
- Have a high degree of integrity and professionalism and be a collaborative “team player”.
- Have strong problem solving abilities – must be able to evaluate and interpret numerical data in order to spot potential errors in complex trade execution plans.
- Have an understanding of the execution of mutual funds, ETFs, direct fixed income, foreign exchange, and alternative investment products.
- Have an understanding of UK tax reporting requirements.
- Have a good grasp of account opening procedures and relevant FCA guidelines around supporting documentation and KYC requirements.
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused on both wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities and a flexible working model. The salary is competitive and includes a performance bonus as well as a company bonus. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning opportunities as well as support for the pursuit of formal qualifications such as the IMC or the CAIA / IAD, as appropriate to each individual. Our benefits package includes employee matching pension, long-term disability insurance and life insurance. The firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity programme and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Client Services Senior Associate”. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com.