The Client Service Associate located in Boston will support and work closely with senior members of the Client Service Team in coordinating the portfolio operations for a range of clients. Primary responsibilities will center on the implementation of client investment strategies (execution), assisting with portfolio reporting/invoicing, and providing exception support to the Investment Team.
The candidate will be an integral member of the global Operations team and will report directly to a manager on the Client Service Team. The role has a wide-ranging responsibility and involves working with the Operations and Investment teams across all offices. The candidate should be hardworking and must be able to interact with colleagues and third parties, prioritizing and completing multiple tasks and meeting key investment and reporting deadlines. Additionally, over time this role may develop into a client facing position and thus a strong candidate will be comfortable interacting with clients in a professional manner.
The company has a “small business” atmosphere and attitude. The successful applicant should be ready for wide-ranging responsibilities in multiple areas and will be expected to be flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Client Account Management:
- Support the Client Service Managers and Investment Teams responsible for managing client relationships
- Draft client correspondence for review and send out (e.g. client requests, capital calls, statements)
- Monitor client cash and securities accounts by closely managing relationships with external stakeholders (e.g. custodians, trustees, other third-parties)
- Maintain the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system and update documentation records, specifically around AML/KYC
- Prioritize and complete a range of client requests by collaborating effectively across internal teams
Client Investment Execution & Reporting:
- Grasp a detailed understanding of alternative investment products, with specific attention paid to the terms of the funds (e.g. fee classes, minimums, fund notice periods, gates, lock up periods)
- Collaborate closely with the Investment Team and other internal stakeholders around execution plans
- Prepare and review accurate trade instructions and documentation for alternative investment execution, wire transfers, and cash management (e.g. subscription/redemption documents)
- Coordinate execution of client brokerage transactions and cash funding obligations (e.g. capital calls)
- Liaise directly with custodians and fund administrators to process investment instructions and resolve queries to ensure trades are placed and settled in a timely manner
- Ensure all transactions are recorded and tracked accurately using in-house systems
- Review client monthly “flash” reports, quarterly performance statements, and invoices for accuracy
- Support the Investment Team by updating client balance sheets, client presentations, meeting materials and other client correspondence
- Provide support to clients and their stakeholders on audit and tax processes
- Assist in identifying and implementing client service process improvements initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of processes and middle and back-office portfolio management systems
Key responsibilities will be regularly assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must possess an outstanding track record of accomplishments and strong interpersonal, communication, and client service skills.
- Prior work experience (2-4 years). Investment operations experience is preferred, but not required
- Undergraduate degree (any field). Strong GPA and SAT scores
- High degree of attention to detail and experience inputting and reviewing large sets of data
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook
- Articulate self-starter with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily workloads while working efficiently and accurately
- High degree of integrity and professionalism with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback from/to direct manager and Partners
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.