Client Service Associate
As a fast-growing company of over two hundred people, we are looking for a talented Client Service Associate to join our team in the Boston office. The candidate will support and work closely with senior members of the Client Service Team in coordinating the portfolio operations for a range of clients. Primary responsibilities will center on the implementation of client investment strategies (execution), assisting with portfolio reporting/invoicing, and providing exception support to the Investment Team.
The candidate will be an integral member of the global Operations team and will report directly to a Boston-based Principal in the Client Services department. The role has a wide-ranging responsibility and involves working with the Operations and Investment teams across all offices. The candidate should be hardworking and must be able to interact with colleagues and third parties, prioritizing and completing multiple tasks and meeting key investment and reporting deadlines. Additionally, over time this role may develop into a client facing position and thus a strong candidate will be comfortable interacting with clients in a professional manner.
The company has a ‘small business’ atmosphere and attitude. The successful applicant should be ready for wide- ranging responsibilities in multiple areas and will be expected to be flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Client Account Management:
- Support the senior Client Service team members responsible for managing client operations relationships
- Draft client correspondence for review and send out (e.g. ad hoc requests, capital calls, statements, valuations)
- Monitor client cash and securities accounts by closely managing relationships with stakeholders (e.g. custodians, trustees, other third-parties)
Client Investment Execution:
- Track and implement approved client portfolio actions
- Prepare complete and accurate investment documentation for client execution (e.g. brokerage applications, alternative investment legal documents)
- Coordinate execution of client brokerage transactions and cash funding obligations (e.g. capital calls)
- Liaise directly with custodians, fund administrators and other providers to ensure client investments are implemented accurately, efficiently, and on a timely basis
- Ensure all transactions are recorded and tracked accurately using in-house systems
Client Investment Reporting:
- Review client monthly “flash” reports and quarterly performance statements
- Reconcile client transactional activity and fund manager performance data
- Assist with collection of fund manager performance data
- Assist the Investment Team by updating client balance sheets, client presentations, meeting materials and other client correspondence
- Maintain client files and update documentation records, especially around AML/KYC documentation
- Work with Client Service Principals and Senior Associates on process improvement initiatives and system development projects
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast- paced environment. The candidate must possess an outstanding track record of accomplishments and strong interpersonal, communication, and client service skills.
- Prior work experience (2+ years). Investment operations experience is preferred, but not required.
- Undergraduate degree (any field). Strong GPA and SAT scores.
- High degree of attention to detail and experience inputting and reviewing large sets of of data.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
- Articulate self-starter with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily workloads while working efficiently and accurately.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business.
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback from/to direct manager and Partners
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a deferred compensation program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is diverse and inclusive, in people and in thought. Our meritocracy is enabled by fostering a truly inclusive and collaborative culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experiences are valued.