We are looking for someone to join the Client Operations team in Singapore to help coordinate investment execution activities for our Asia based clients, supporting the senior Investment Team and Partners who manage client relationships, and help build our operational processes and procedures.
The candidate will be an integral member of the global Client Operations team and will report directly to management in the Client Operations department. The role has a wide-ranging remit and involves working with both the broader Operations and Investment teams across all offices. The role is not client facing as all relationships are managed by the Investment Principals and Partners, however strong communication skills are required for frequent interactions with a multitude of third parties with whom we liaise such as trustees, company directors, financial advisors, tax advisors, fund administrators, fund managers, custodians, banks, brokers, and the Executive Assistants to HNWI clients whilst assisting with the management of our client’s portfolios.
The candidate should be hardworking and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. They must be able to interact with colleagues and third parties, prioritising and completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines. The company has a ‘small business’ atmosphere and attitude. The successful applicant should be ready for wide-ranging responsibilities in multiple areas and will be expected to be flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Client Investment Execution:
- Grasp a detailed understanding of the products our clients invest in (e.g, Hedge Funds, Exchange Traded Funds, UCITS Funds, Private Equity Vehicles) with specific attention paid to redemption requirements (incl. fund notice periods, gates, fees, lock up periods).
- Liaise with custodians, trustees and third-party administrators, to ensure investments are correctly transacted and settled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinate internal capital calls, ensuring that clients receive the call letters with adequate prior notification for them to make the required payments by the deadline, or instruct us to arrange the payment from their custodian account.
- Ensure that authorisations to investment recommendations are obtained and all orders are implemented in a timely manner whilst maintaining the necessary supporting documentation.
- Adhere to Partners Capital execution policy and procedures.
Client Account Management:
- Monitor client’s cash and securities accounts by closely managing the relationships with their custodians, trustees or other third-parties.
- Liaise directly with representatives of clients (e.g. trustees, advisors) on issues relating to their account(s).
- Track client execution through to completion and ensure all transactions are recorded accurately using our in-house systems.
- Adhere to all processes and procedures to ensure Partners Capital remain compliant with all regulatory requirements, and that we fulfil all our fiduciary requirements to our clients.
- Work with other team members preparing for client meetings and dealing with client queries.
- Respond to client queries and act as support to the Investment Principals and Partners in managing client relationships, where necessary.
- Assist with the collection of client valuation data and with the entry of key data information.
- Submit quarterly/monthly client statements to client heads for further review.
- Prepare and review annual tax reports where required.
- Review billing calculations to ensure they are accurate and complete, and deal with client queries as they arise.
Client Account Opening & Ongoing Compliance:
- Ensure that account opening documents are completely and accurately completed and filed.
- Ensure that regulatory and compliance rules are adhered to, especially around KYC/AML documentation.
Attributes / Required Skills
If you believe you have some (or all) of these attributes and are looking to fulfil your potential in an engaging role with an excellent long-term career progression in a growing firm, we encourage you to apply.
- Numerically-minded and good quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Prior experience of working within Financial Services, even at internship level.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel / Outlook.
- A keen interest in investment and capital markets.
- Articulate self-starter with excellent communication skills.
- Flexible, entrepreneurial approach and an appetite for challenge.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure.
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, strong benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Client Services Associate, Singapore”. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com