Partners Capital is seeking a Compliance Manager to join our US Compliance team to contribute to the development and monitoring of the US compliance program and ensure adherence to regulations and to industry best practices. The person will interact heavily on a daily basis with all employees, including Partners. As a fast growing, 250+ person company, we seek someone who is motivated, a self-starter, adaptable and comfortable working on a small team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The Compliance Manager will primarily be responsible for and/or be assisting to:
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly regulatory filings required by the SEC and NFA/ CFTC, e.g., Form ADV Part 1, Form ADV Part 2, Form 13F, Form PF, Form PQR, and Form PR
- Establish and optimize data gathering and reporting processes for regulatory as well as internal use
- Monitor and enforce of US trade issues processes, e.g. ensuring potential issue reports are completed on time, clients are notified, clients are compensated (where needed), lessons learned are properly documents, actions are implemented, etc
- Prepare annual compliance matters, e.g., annual review and annual training materials
- Oversee and assist with day to day compliance program to ensure all actions are completed within deadlines. Examples of actions include monitoring employee trades (using an online system), review of discretionary account trades, tracking of gifts, and political contributions
- Oversee and assist with the U.S. client account opening and onboarding process including AML/KYC review
- Oversee and assist with pooled vehicle regulatory requirements and testing (compliance with FINRA/ERISA rules, Reg D, etc)
- Respond to compliance-related inquiries from team members
- Review marketing materials
- Conduct research on new and upcoming compliance rules and matters and provide recommendations to relevant team members.
Key responsibilities may be assessed and are subject to change from time to time based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime as needed.
- 4-6 years of experience in a compliance role or regulatory specialist role at an investment adviser (experience in a relevant legal role or a compliance consulting role will also be considered)
- Bachelor’s Degree, concentrating in finance, accounting, economics, or legal studies is preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook); experience with VBA, Python, or other data science language is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal sills
- Strong ethical standards
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment
- Intellectually curious and a team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with an employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.