Investment Senior Associate
We are looking for a talented Senior Investment Associate to join our team in the Boston office. The Senior
Investment Associate will be a key part of teams that manage multi-asset class client portfolios. As a rapidly
growing firm, we seek new team members who are dynamic and comfortable working in a fast-paced
Client Portfolio Management (Primary Focus): The Senior Investment Associate will support the Client Chief Investment Officers (CIOs) on the management of individual client portfolios. The Senior Investment Associate’s primary objective is to maximize long-term client portfolio investment performance, subject to applicable portfolio constraints. Key responsibilities include:
- Investment Strategy Development: Levering insights from the Firm’s Central Research Team and Asset Class teams to prepare recommendations related to client portfolio asset allocation and external manager selection.
- Portfolio Exposure Management: Maintain updated balance sheets and monitor portfolio exposures on an
ongoing basis. Rebalance investments, as necessary, to ensure the portfolio adheres to stated goals and
constraints. Manage liquidity to meet any necessary capital calls and/or capital requirements of the client.
- Meeting Preparation/Participation: Prepare materials for client portfolio update meetings. Support the Client CIO in responding to client questions regarding managers, exposure and investment strategy in meetings.
- Client Request Management: Conduct ad-hoc analyses to respond to client requests on general financial
matters, including (but not limited to) estate planning, charitable giving and external investment opportunities.
- Team Development: Manage develop and mentor junior team members who will support the Senior
Investment Associate in their range of responsibilities.
- Other: As will all other members of our Firm, the Senior Investment Associate will be expected to contribute in
other areas of the business (e.g., recruiting and training, special research projects, or business development) and
should be prepared for wide ranging responsibilities.
- Active passion for investing
- 3-6 years’ experience in asset management, preferably in a portfolio advisory/management role at an
endowment, foundation, family office, investment consultancy or outsources investment office
- Undergraduate degree with a strong track record of academic achievement
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Strong quantitative skills and detail-oriented
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal sills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment
- Intellectually curious and a team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a deferred compensation program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is diverse and inclusive, in people and in thought. Our meritocracy is enabled by fostering a truly inclusive and collaborative culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experiences are valued.