The Senior Investment Associate located in Boston will be a key part of teams that manage multi-asset class portfolios for our clients. As a rapidly growing firm, we seek new team members who are dynamic and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Client Portfolio Management (Primary Focus): The Senior Investment Associate will support the Client Chief Investment Officers (CIOs) on the management of individual client portfolios. The Senior Investment Associate’s primary objective is to maximize long-term client portfolio investment performance, subject to applicable portfolio constraints. Key responsibilities include:
- Investment Strategy Development: Leveraging insights from the Firm’s Central Research and Asset Class teams to prepare recommendations related to client portfolio asset allocation and external manager selection.
- Portfolio Exposure Management: Monitoring portfolio exposures on an ongoing basis. Rebalancing investments, as necessary, to ensure that the portfolio adheres to stated goals and constraints. Managing liquidity to meet capital requirements of the client.
- Meeting Preparation/Participation: Preparing materials for client portfolio update meetings. Supporting the Client CIO in responding to client questions regarding managers, exposures and investment strategy.
- Client Request Management: Conducting ad-hoc analyses to respond to client requests related to, for example: external investment opportunities, charitable giving and/or estate planning.
- Team Development: Managing, developing and mentoring junior team members who will support the Senior Investment Associate in their range of responsibilities.
Other (Secondary Focus): As with all other members of the Firm, the Senior Investment Associate will take on other activities and projects that contribute to the success of the business. Examples may include: researching and improving our portfolio construction approach, assisting with business development and/or helping to develop our technological capabilities.
Key responsibilities will be regularly assessed and are subject to change occasionally based on the needs of the business. The individual may be required to work overtime, as needed.
- Active passion for investing
- Undergraduate degree in related field
- 3-6 years’ experience in a professional services role (e.g., management consulting, investment banking, or asset management). Experience in a related field (e.g., investment consultancy) is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Strong quantitative skills and detail-orientation
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment
- High intellectual curiosity and willingness to contribute to the overall success of the business
Partners Capital is committed to being a great place to work. We are focused both on wellbeing and professional growth. You can expect professional development and career progression opportunities, competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, and a flexible “results-focused” working model. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. The Firm also supports global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day. In addition, we champion a variety of wellness and social events.
Please send your CV to NorthAmericaRecruiting@partners-cap.com with the subject: Senior Investment Associate. Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website www.partners-cap.com.