Trade Operations Analyst
As a fast-growing company of over two hundred people, we are looking for a talented Trade Operations Analyst to join our team in the Boston office. The candidate will be an integral member of the North America Operations team and will report directly to a Boston-based Principal in the Portfolio Operations department. The Trade Operations Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting the management of the firm’s clients and multi-asset class pooled vehicles through the completion of investment execution. The candidate will be responsible for investment execution across public and private markets, including but not limited to direct equities, mutual funds, hedge funds, and private equity funds. As key stakeholders of investment execution, Trade Operations team members are expected to have a high degree of attention to detail and understanding our execution policies and procedures.
As a rapidly growing firm, we seek new team members who are dynamic and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. They should demonstrate excellent organization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines. The company has a “small business” atmosphere and attitude, so the successful applicant will be expected to remain flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
- Grasp a detailed understanding of alternative investment products, with specific attention paid to the terms of the funds (e.g. fee classes, minimums, fund notice periods, gates, lock up periods)
- Prepare complete and accurate investment documentation for client and pooled vehicle execution (e.g. hedge fund subscription and redemption documents, brokerage applications)
- Perform detailed reviews of execution instructions and investment documentation prepared by the Client Service Team
- Support Trader(s) in the execution of public markets (e.g. ETFs, stocks) and mutual fund transactions
- Ensure all transactions are recorded and tracked accurately using in-house systems
Pooled Vehicle Support:
- Act as the primary operations point-of-contact for Portfolio Managers and other internal stakeholders on Partners Capital’s multi-asset class pooled vehicles
- Support the Client Service Team by completing all execution responsibilities for the pooled vehicles
- Prepare accurate trade instructions and documentation for alternative investment execution, wire transfers, and cash management within the pooled vehicles
- Liaise directly with custodians and fund administrators to process investment instructions and resolve queries to ensure trades are placed and settled in a timely manner
- Support management of direct equities strategies for North American clients, including trade execution, allocations, and reconciliations. Assist with periodic strategy rebalancing and reconstitution.
Ad Hoc Responsibilities:
- Assist with update and review of pooled vehicle performance reporting and balance sheets
- Interface directly with client teams by providing high-level service on all execution inquiries
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills, be detail focused, and have an interest in investment and capital markets. A flexible entrepreneurial approach, an appetite for challenge and a good “team player” are essential qualities.
- Up to 2 years prior work experience. Investment operations experience is preferred, but not required.
- Undergraduate degree (any field). Strong GPA and SAT scores.
- High degree of attention to detail and experience inputting and reviewing large sets of data.
- Organization and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Articulate self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business.
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback from/to direct manager and Partners.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a deferred compensation program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Partners Capital is diverse and inclusive, in people and in thought. Our meritocracy is enabled by fostering a truly inclusive and collaborative culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experiences are valued.